Squarespace: How to Schedule Blog Posts to Publish at a Later Date
Hey everyone! As bloggers, we all know the importance of scheduling blog posts ahead of time in order to make the most of being consistent and posting on a regular and reliable basis!
Most blogs allow posts to be automated and scheduled at a later date, and I personally love how especially easy it is with Squarespace. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to write up a blog post and then schedule it to post later on, exactly when you'd like it to post!
1. Once finished writing your post, go into the post's Settings by clicking Edit.
2. Under the 'Content' tab where your blog content is, select where it says 'Draft' in the bottom, right hand corner.
3. From the menu that pulls up, select 'Scheduled.'
4. Click on the line "Publish Now," and then it will pull up a little calendar for you. Go ahead and select the date when you'd like to publish the post. For example, if you'd like to publish the post a week from when you write it, just select the date a week later.
If you want to schedule a specific time to post as well, you have the option of doing that by just typing in the time listed under the calendar portion.
6. Click over into the 'Options' tab in the navigation. Make sure you have your header photo chosen as well as excerpt text (if you choose to). I also take the date out of my URL blog posts in case I want to repurpose them for a later date.
7. Sit back, relax, and focus on even later blog posts so that you don't have to live the last-minute-blog-post struggle ever again!
Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope this post helped you for automating and scheduling your Squarespace blog posts at a later date!