Save Time: Create a Blog Post Template in Squarespace
If you constantly find yourself dreading your weekly or bi-weekly or even daily (bless you!) blog post simply because of all the time it takes to design the customary aspects of your blog posts - this post is for you.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to create a blog post template that you can use for all of your future blog posts. After you have this, creating new blog posts will only be a matter of plugging in your content and new images/graphics and voilà! Finished in half the time!
How to create a blog post template in Squarespace:
1. Go to your blog post section of your Squarespace site.
2. Create a new blog post. I've titled mine 'Blog Template.'
3. Add in all of the aspects that you use for all of your blog posts.
For me, that's:
my header graphic (so I'll add an Image block to the top of the post)
my sign-off and signature ("stay cool, stay creative-" and then my graphic signature)
my block subscription opt-in box
a space for Related Reading (that I'll usually add in at the time of writing each blog post).
(Note: the image to the left is a super zoomed-out screenshot of my blog post template.)
4. Select Save.
5. In the future, when you want to write a new post, just select Edit on your Blog Template, and make sure to select Duplicate the post so that your template stays a template for next time.
6. From there, write and publish your post as you normally would! Use your blog post template each time you sit down to blog and you'll save at least 15 minutes each time! Super easy :)
Stay cool, stay creative -