How to Add a Button and Text Under Your Photos on Squarespace
Hey friends! This is a little tutorial about how to add text or a button in the same image block as a photo on your Squarespace website in order to make your website more dynamic and interactive.
1. Select an image block and place it wherever you'd like it to go.
2. Add your image by dragging in a file from your desktop (my preferred way!) or by searching for the photo in your Documents. Then select Apply.
3. Above the placed photo, select 'EDIT,' and navigate to the 'Design' tab.
4. In the 'Design' section, the default image design for all image blocks is 'Inline.' Go ahead and select 'Stack.' Once you've selected 'Stack', if you'd like to add a button linking to a different page, head to the dropdown menu titled 'Image Link' and select 'Button.'
5. Once you've selected 'Button' from the 'Image Link' drop-down menu, you can go ahead and enter the text that will be written on the button, as well as input the link destination (you can choose a page on your website or enter a different URL). Once completed, select 'Apply.'
6. Create a title and/or sub-title for the photo by clicking directly on 'Write here...' and typing it in! Or, if you decide not to have a title or sub-title, just erase all text from these sections!
7. Test the button to make sure your link works, and you're good to go! If you want to style the image block and button further, just head to your left hand tool panel, select Home, then Design, then Style Editor and click onto the section you wish to design. You'll have font, color, and size options for your buttons and your image blocks! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading, friends! I hope this helped you with adding text and/or buttons under your images or photos on Squarespace!