How to Duplicate Pages in Squarespace
Sometimes when we're designing a website, we need to create a web page over and over (and over) again, but with different information on each page.
In order to avoid creating the exact same page from scratch tens and even hundreds of times, it's easier to duplicate one of your pages and use it as a template for other pages.
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to duplicate a page in Squarespace.
1. Decide what you'll need to duplicate.
For this example, I have a website with hundreds of French city guides. Since I'll be needing to create a different guide for each city, I'll want to be able to duplicate a City Guide Template each time I create a new guide.
2. Create a Template Page. To do this, navigate to your sidebar on the left-hand side of your screen and create a page in the 'Not Linked' section (this means that it won't show up in any of your navigation bars) by clicking the '+' button near 'NOT LINKED,' and then selecting 'Page.'
Name your page, then select 'Start Editing.'
I've named my page 'City Guide Template.' Pretty basic.
3. Fill in your template page with the features that will go on each of your pages.
(Upon duplicating the pages, I will fill in each city guide with the appropriate information.)
4. Once you're ready to duplicate the Sample/Template Page in order to customize one of your web pages, go to the left-hand sidebar, hover over your Sample Page, and click on the Settings Wheel (circled). From the menu that pops up, scroll down to the bottom, and select 'Duplicate Page,' followed by 'Confirm.'
5. You will now be prompted to give your duplicated page a name (assuming that you don't want to leave the page as a 'Copy of Your Sample Page). Go ahead and give the page a name that will distinguish it from the many other pages you will be creating.
(I've named my page 'Bordeaux' because this will be the page for the Bordeaux City Guide.)
6. Once you're finished filling everything in on that page, you can file it away in your navigation and move on to the next one!
Voila! There you have it. To begin the process again (and again and again depending on the number of web pages you have), just head back over to your Sample/Template Page and begin this process again starting from Step 4!